Smoothie Bowl Goodness. How to build a delicious smoothie bowl and bonus recipe to get you started.
Pro-tip: Prep ingredients ahead of time. Place in freezer bags so they are quick to grab in the am!This is one way I love to start my day and for anyone that needs CONVENIENT, this is the way to go. Smoothie Bowl. Blended. Deliciousness. Even a decadent dessert option depending on how you want to dress it up if you need to satisfy a sweet tooth.
Building a Smoothie Bowl:
- For the base, 1-2 frozen bananas, several ice cubes. Add 1/2c to 3/4c of nondairy milk.
- Mix in fruits and veggies of your choice.
- Blend. Blend. Blend.
- Top with nuts, fruit, peanut butter, anything that sparks your tastebuds!
Go slow when adjusting thickness. Pop in a half banana or more ice to thicken. Same with fluid, increase in small increments. You can always swap the nondairy milk for a juice of your choice! The options are endless.
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- 1.5 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 bananas (frozen)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup or 2-3 pitted dates
- Shredded Coconut Sliced Strawberries
In a blender, blend strawberries, bananas, almond milk, maple syrup or dates, and a small handful of coconut shreds together. One serving.