Coconut Cake. Sweet, refreshing, and utterly delicious.
Put the lime in the coconut.. well, how about coconut cake. Sweet, refreshing, and utterly delicious. A spring favorite.
This Coconut Cake needs to be in your recipe stash!
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups stevia
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup nutiva vegan shortening
- 3 cup vegan powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and flour two round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients
- Combine all wet and dry gently, folding together.
- Fill your floured cake rounds evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick/knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- Make sure the shortening is room temperature. Beat for one minute using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla slowly. Still using the hand mixer, add in the almond milk last in small amounts at a time until your icing reaches a slightly stiff but spreadable consistency.
- Beat at a high setting for 2 more minutes allowing it to become light and fluffy.
Ice… Ice… Icing that sweet coconut cake as you please. My last step is too gently coat with extra unsweetened shredded coconut and top with some extra delicious fruit!