Ultimate Udon Bowl
- Udon noodles (1-3 servings roughly)
- 2 tsp coconut oil for sautéing
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup mushrooms (I used shiitake for this recipe)
- Zucchini squash (as much as you prefer)
- 2 cup leeks or bell pepper
- 2 Scallions
- Chopped, fresh basil
- 3 tsp coconut amino’s
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- Flaked red pepper to taste
- Small bunch of chopped cilantro
- Optional: extra firm tofu (1 package) for added protein!
Cook the udon noodles, set aside in a bowl for later. If adding in tofu for protein, prepare as desired. I will either sauté with the first step in this recipe or (my preferred method) bake with vegan liquid teriyaki smoke and worcester in the oven at 350.
- Step one: in a large skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, and scallion, adding in the rest of the vegetables.
- Step two: toss the udon noodles with a little sesame oil and add to vegetables in the pan.
- Step three: add in the red pepper, cilantro, and fresh basil. Sauté for two more minutes, just to get all the seasoning and flavoring together.
- Step four: toss into your bowl and top with my peanut sauce recipe and siracha!