Self Care September Day Twenty Nine: Increase focus and productivity.
and do it with these simple steps.
There are always those days where you can’t seem to focus and be productive. Even for myself, there are those days where it just seems impossible. There are always those days where you can’t seem to focus and be productive. Even for myself, there are those days where it just seems impossible.
Whether I’m sitting down to make content, work on client plans, or to focus on creating new recipes, I need to make the most of my time. Getting ready to sit down and work requires:
- I’ve eaten.
- I’ve been to the ladies room.
- I have a beverage at my finger tips (mainly my huge, refillable water bottle).
- Email and social media are up to date.
- My workspace is tidy and clear.
- Phone is on silent/airplane for really important stuff. Even setting work timer for the task you want to complete and putting the phone in a different room until you hear the timer.
Seriously.. this is a mental/physical checklist I run through so I can clear my mind and focus. I am a little… okay, a TON type A. When it comes to concentration, everything must be in order. It may be organized chaos, but I’m at my optimal self when I have all of those things met.
It’s guaranteed that I will have a much more productive time when I am totally comfortable and without distraction. Distractions are everywhere in our environments and even though it requires some preparation, this little bit of time investment actually saves me time.
With the world we live in, it is filled with massive distractions and it’s not easy to focus. Try those really simple steps above to get started. Comment down below with YOUR favorite steps to increase focus and productivity!